Implicit Bias Blog

All four of the tests asked questions about my age, where I’m from, my gender (at birth and right now), where i live, my beliefs (religion), my education, my occupation etc. Those questions are given at random before or after the actual test. The tests consist of images and words that are associated with the words good and bad and depending on the test black or white, old or young, abled or disabled, asian american or european american. The tests also ask questions based on which one you’re taking, asking about how cold or warm you feel towards those types of people, specific questions about how society feels about them etc. I think the test was fair and enlightening but not very accurate. I felt as if I got some of the clicks wrong because I was trying to rush it and choose an answer fast and was just confused. It was interesting to see the results because some I did expect and others I had to think more about why I got that result. For the age test, it said I have a strong automatic preference for older people. I can see why this is correct after thinking about it because I am always the youngest person in most groups of people I hang out with whether it be friends or family. My best friends are also almost a year older than me. For the race test and asian test I had no preference to black or white people and european american or asian american. I have had friends of all ethnicities throughout my life and don’t really look at who is black white asian or european. The disability test said that I have a strong automatic preference for abled people. I don’t have anything towards anybody with disabilities but the test said that I prefer abled people over disabled people.