Ice Breaker Blog

My two truths and one lie were being a very bad driver for a beginner, that I like working out, and that I almost died in 11th grade. The lie is that I am a bad driver. Well, let us start with 11th grade before about driving. In 11th grade, I had a pulmonary embolism and almost could not breathe. It was so hard for me to take breaths that I had to go to the hospital where they hospitalized me for 3 weeks. This was one of the lowest points of my life. I started losing weight in the hospital from not being able to eat anything but gained a lot of weight after I got out from eating and not being active since parts of my lungs did not work anymore. At that point, I wanted to turn my life around so I started to workout. I lost a lot of weight and became pretty fit. This is the reason why I love working out. It is also a natural high and helps me with depression. Now getting to driving, I got my license on my first try around December. After that, I didn’t drive a single day till February. So it had been around 3 months of not driving so I got rusty. But my dad rented a car for a day and we went around for a drive. I drove around downtown Manhattan in traffic and my sister kept telling me that for a new driver I am really good and I was like it’s all about confidence.